Friday, February 01, 2008

reading (is) love



"When I was a very little child, after I'd read a book I really liked I'd kiss it. Love is really the word. I think children's books are a human emotional experience rather than an intellectual one. You have a human relationship with them. Children have emotional relationships with inanimate objects which it would be wise to carry on into adulthood. The way a child makes a person out of a doll, which I never did, I made people out of books.
"

-Fran Lebowitz

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Jus said...

I am certain it is partly true for all books but here is something special about childrens' books. I think is because they get so much touching. When I am at a garage sale or an antique shop it is so hard to pass the really old childrens books knowing how many little hands had passed their fingers over those pictures - it would almost be too sad to leave them closed on a shelf.....

8:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home